Tomorrow’s another day and I need another lunch recipe for taking to work to me. Looking at the leftovers from last weeks veggie box I realised I had some great ingredients for a slightly different sort of salad.
However don’t worry I am not just going to eat slaw for my lunch tomorrow! I am looking forward to a cold meat sandwich with this slaw loaded into it. Unlike a lot of Coleslaw recipes this is a much healthier version, I used 0% fat yoghurt and light mayonnaise to make it!
~ makes enough coleslaw for 10.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Kohlrabi around a 1/2 of a globe, remove the purple outer layer with a paring knife, then cut or grate into thin strips.
- 2 large carrots, cut or grate into thin strips.
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced.
- 4 tablespoons of strained yoghurt, I used 0%.
- 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoons of dijon mustard.
Cut the kohlrabi, carrot and onion. In a large bowl mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and mustard together till evenly combined. Then add the vegetables, mix until coated.
This Kohlrabi Slaw was wonderful and perfect on a simple ham sandwich.
Interested in more Kohlrabi recipes?